In English we're looking at two texts this term:
The Odd Egg
The core learning objectives that we've covered whilst reading The Odd Egg include:
- To use noun phrases to describe and make predictions.
- To use a range of sentence types to speak in role.
- To use adjectives to describe a characters’ feelings.
- To use contractions to give advice.
- To make noun phrases to describe.
- To write statements in role as a character.
- To make predictions about what will happen next in a story.
- To create words using phonic patterns.
- To turn notes into sentences.
The core learning objectives that we'll cover whilst reading Stanley's stick include:
- To predict the events and outcomes in a story.
- To segment words with adjacent consonants.
- To predict a story ending.
- To sequence the main events in a story
- To retell a known narrative.
- To innovate on a known story.
- To create a noun phrase to describe.
- To plan an alteranative story based on a known sequence of events.
- To section a story into paragraphs.
- To edit for consistent tense.
- To publish a story.