In this unit, we will be covering these themes:
Safe and unsafe secrets - learn some examples of safe and unsafe secrets and think of safe people who can help if something feels wrong.
Appropriate touch - find out about the difference between touches that are ok and not ok and identify a safe person to tell if I felt ‘not OK’ about something.
Medicine Safety - explain that medicines can be helpful or harmful, and discuss examples of how they can be used safely.
This unit cover these topics:
- Getting on with others - strategies for getting on with others in the classroom
- When I feel like erupting - strategies for dealing with impulsive behaviour
- Feeling safe - identify people in the school community who keep them safe; know how to ask for help
- How can we look after our environment? Recognise they have a responsibility for looking after the school and wider environment
- Money - understand people have choices about what to do with their money; know that money can be saved for use at a future time; explain how they might feel when they spend money on different things
- Playing games (online safety)- keeping personal information private when playing online games and only talking to people they know in real-life online