At St Saviour's, we give our children a fully-inclusive Science curriculum which enables them to be scientists, through which they question, explore and discover, resulting in a deeper understanding of the world around them. Through our practical, hands-on curriculum, we foster natural curiosity and equip our children with the necessary science skills to become lifelong learners.
Spring Term 2 topics and objectives:
Living Things and their Habitats
- Explain the differences in the life cycles of a mammal, an amphibian, an insect and a bird
- Describe the life process of reproduction in some plants and animals.
- Identify scientific evidence that has been used to support or refute ideas or arguments.
- Use appropriate scientific language
- Suggest improvements to my work and give reasons
- Plan different types of scientific enquiries to answer questions, including recognising and controlling variables where necessary