What are we learning this term?
Topic Question: What is the importance of the symbols, beliefs and teachings in Hinduism?
What this unit teaches:
- Hindu beliefs about God
- Some of the different Hindu gods
- Hindu sacred texts
- Where Hindus worship
- Big Hindu festivals
- The story of Rama and Sita at Diwali
I can describe some of the things that are the same and different for religious people.
- Understand that Hindus believe in one God represented through many deities.
- Understand the significance of some of the Hindu Gods.
- Understand that Hindus have sacred texts and recognise the similarities and differences between them and Christian sacred texts.
- Describe what is found in a Mandir, including its importance to Hindus and their life.
- Describe how Hindus worship at home.
- Explain why the festival of Raksha Bandhan is special for Hindus?
- Express why the story of Prince Rama and Princess Sita is important to Hindus and celebrated at Diwali.