My name is Miss Yusuf (class teacher) and I work alongside Miss Clare and Miss Bethlehem (support staff).
In Year 1, we harness the school's values of always being ready, respectful and safe, in order to create a welcoming and encouraging learning environment for every child. We have welcomed an open policy for parents/carers to ask questions and encourage all parents/carers to work with us.
Year 1 Key Information:
1) Children are greeted and welcomed into class at 8.45am.
2) Our school day begins promptly at 9am and finishes at 3:30pm.
3) PE Kits MUST be brought in on Tuesdays.
Our PE kits consist of:
4) Reading books and journals MUST be brought into school on Wednesday every week.
5) Reading records MUST be signed by an adult at home at least once a week.
Homework and home learning:
1) Mathletics homework are set weekly.
2) Oxford Owl reading books are issued weekly, with a focus on the sound(s) that we've been learning this week, coupled with a reading book for pleasure.
3) Home learning projects are set at the beginning of each half term and is due in at the end of the half term.
We wholeheartedly appreciate the support of parents in ensuring that children are completing their Homework and home learning. Please continue to support us in our endeavours to ensure that every child recieves the best possible start to their Key Stage 1 education :)
Miss Yusuf :)
In Year One, we celebrate each other's differences and unique qualities. We are really keen on establishing a safe space for each child, in which they feel valued, honoured and heard. We've created our own 'we fit together' jigsaw piece, highlighting what makes each of us special in our own way.